The Saudi Pediatric Pulmonology Association (SPPA) is a medical and research body that is part of the Saudi Thoracic Society (STS). The SPPA aims to increase the awareness of pediatric pulmonary disorders, facilitate advances in treatment, and promote research in the field of pediatric pulmonology.
- To investigate local incidence of pulmonary disorders in KSA.
- To identify local characteristics of the illness including its morbidity and mortality.
- To develop national guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of common pediatric pulmonary disorders.
- To provide education and training of healthcare professionals in the field of Pediatric Pulmonary Medicine.
- To provide educational, training programs in Pediatric Pulmonology for health care professional.
- To promote public awareness through different means including print and electronic media, and public seminars.
- To establish local research in pediatric pulmonary medicine.